Game Designer - Systems (Senior + Above)
PAC-MAN to Tekken, Tamagotchi to Dark Souls, we are a games company steeped in history and BANDAI NAMCO Mobile is the exciting new pillar of the BANDAI NAMCO Group’s mobile strategy, to grow from the #5 global mobile publisher to #1!
We offer a truly flat structure, full role autonomy and the creative freedom of a start- up, whilst still having the legacy, resources and stability of BANDAI NAMCO, a global gaming powerhouse. Our goal in Barcelona is to enrich BANDAI NAMCO's list of successful IPs by creating original and innovative mobile games.
Our Games Team
Everybody in our Games team is first and foremost, a Game Maker and you will be no different. You will be working in small teams to rapidly design, prototype and iterate game ideas from yourself and the team, so although a master of your own discipline, you will still have a huge voice when it comes to concepting and designing Games at BANDAI NAMCO Mobile. Due to this, it is imperative that you can bring a deep understanding of the Mobile F2P Gaming Market.
Although an experienced voice when it comes to Video Games, you understand that there is always more to learn from both your peers and from the community. You are flexible and open to change within a fast-paced team environment and a firm believer that world class games begin with a world class team. You understand that processes are not written in stone to be followed regardless, that everything can always be changed and improved, and that change can bring innovation.
Game Designer - Systems
We are now looking for an experienced Game Designer with a focus on Systems and Midcore titles to join us in Barcelona.
As a System specialist, you will be responsible for building a wide range of scalable F2P systems from scratch, including, matchmaking in competitive games, extensive inventories, or deep character customisation. You will be keeper of the holistic vision for all systems in our F2P titles that will be played for years on end.
Flexibility is key for everybody at BANDAI NAMCO Mobile, whilst being a master of game systems in your own right. You will also be working in a small team prototyping and concepting new games, meaning a rounded knowledge of general F2P game design is paramount. During our ideation phases, you will be acting as a generalist, responsible for all aspects of Design, Gameplay, Mechanics, Monetisation, UX and more.
- 6 Years + Experience in Mobile F2P, shipping several titles in a Game Designer role, at least one of them in midcore/hardcore genres and at least one of them in Mobile
- Extensive knowledge of the Design process, having taken games from prototype to live operations across numerous titles
- Able to facilitate and contribute to group ideation sessions, gather feedback, and define action points for future iterations.
- An understanding of the constraints and challenges of designing mobile games
- Able to constructively critique ideas or designs from the team, whilst welcoming feedback on your own work
- Any C#/Unity experience would be a welcome addition, but not necessary for the role.