Business Development Manager (esports & Live Entertainment)
The Business Development team at BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America (BNEA) partners with multiple internal teams across the Global organization to achieve business objectives and successfully manage partnerships with external partners. Whether it is supporting our Western content acquisition efforts, managing sponsor partnerships for our global esports programs or finding new ways to distribute our IP across new media, our team ensures that new opportunities are evaluated and executed upon in a timely manner with internal stakeholders.
BNEA is looking for a talented, highly motivated individual to join our Business Development team in Southern California with a primary focus on securing and managing partnerships within our esports and Live Entertainment verticals. This individual is expected to be a key player in this vertical and oversee its business transactions with external partners.
Flexible, Remote and Work From Home options are available for this position until approximately April 2022. Afterwards we expect all employee's to join us at our new offices in Irvine, California where a hybrid work schedule will be observed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify and secure new sponsorship partnerships related to our esports global competitive tournaments and other live events as organized by BNEA and its affilites.
- Manage existing partnerships and be the primary business point of contact for BNEA.
- Manage existing relationships with major streaming platforms, secure advertising deals and generally be the subject matter expert within the streaming vertical.
- Be an active stakeholder within and align with the vision of our Global esports team (Japan, Asia and Europe)
- Support our live entertainment initiatives in the Americas by securing new partnerships, and identify and secure outside talent as needed within tight deadlines.
- Support and manage any licensing transactions resulting from above initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in closing strategic business development deals between Fortune 500 companies
- Familiarity with the esports ecosystem preferably in the Americas.
- Entrepreneurial, persistent, resourceful, transparent and learns quickly about new technologies
- Outstanding relationship skills, including the ability to work effectively with international teams in a large global organization.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and interface with key internal corporate stakeholders.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Willing to take on additional responsibilities to advance business development and corporate objectives
- Passion for all entertainment (gaming, music, film, etc..)
- Represent BNEA in meetings with executives from our partner companies
- Willing to travel.
- A bachelor’s degree in a business or analytical discipline, full proficiency in MS Office.
- 5 years experience in partnerships, business development, marketing or sales within the entertainment industry (gaming, film, TV, streaming, music etc).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
About BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc., part of BANDAI NAMCO Holdings Inc., is a leading global publisher and developer of interactive content — including all major video game consoles, iOS, mobile and online. The company is known for creating and publishing many of the industry’s top video game franchises, including PAC-MAN®, Tekken®, SOULCALIBUR®, NARUTO™, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN™, Dragon Ball®, GALAGA®, RIDGE RACER® and ACE COMBAT®.