Associate Localization Writer/Editor
Bandai Namco Entertainment America is looking for a passionate Localization Writer/Editor to help bring their creative energy to our translated English texts. We’re looking for someone with a passion for both creative writing and video games. Our ideal candidate has worked with translated text before, is familiar with the fundamental elements of game narrative, and has a knack for editing text to be more clear, consistent, and engaging without sacrificing critical information or brevity.
This is a 1-year contract position.
Flexible, Remote and Work From Home options are available for this position until approximately April 2022. Afterwards we expect all employee's to join us at our new offices in Irvine, California where a hybrid work schedule will be observed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proofread and edit translated game text to help ensure the highest quality possible, adapting and rewriting content as needed to meet cultural and market expectations
- Be able to quickly absorb existing game lore, plotlines, characterization, and game mechanics for any assigned title, enabling you to confidently edit the text without introducing inconsistencies
- Establish style guides for internal and external reference to ensure clear, consistent tooltips and informative text
- Edit translated lines in VO scripts according to the timing instructions with little margin for error
- Provide all necessary supporting documents and contextual information alongside the completed VO scripts to ensure the recording studio can produce high quality VO
- Attend VO recording sessions to provide additional contextual information and perform real-time edits to scripts when required
- Create and update reference documents such as key game term glossaries, narrative maps, lore primers, and character bios for VO casting
- Proofread and edit, as well as assist with the creation of, presentations, marketing, and community texts for both internal and external purposes
- Professional experience in either the gaming industry or a writing/editing function
- Knowledge of Japanese is a plus
- Knowledge of CAT Tools is a plus
- Passionate about and interested in a variety of game genres
- Strong creative writing and editing skills
- Able to provide concise and actionable feedback regarding the quality of the translated project
- Able to provide concise and actionable feedback on the quality of external partners translation and LQA services
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
About BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc., part of BANDAI NAMCO Holdings Inc., is a leading global publisher and developer of interactive content — including all major video game consoles, iOS, mobile and online. The company is known for creating and publishing many of the industry’s top video game franchises, including PAC-MAN®, Tekken®, SOULCALIBUR®, NARUTO™, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN™, Dragon Ball®, GALAGA®, RIDGE RACER® and ACE COMBAT®. More information about the company and its products can be found on our website.
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. is providing the following notice regarding the Personal Information we collect and use in the context of this job application: https://www.bandainamcoent.com/legal/bnea-privacy-ccpanotice