Associate Licensing Manager
Within the Licensing and business Strategy Team, you are the licensing expert in charge of the licensee relations and approval for not only BANDAI NAMCO brand, PAC-MAN, DARKSOULS, TEKKEN, SoulCalibur etc but also other 3rd party brands such as Tamagotchi. You constantly liaise with the teams based in Japan and licensees from all over the world. You manage the various requests from licensees and product approval process.
Flexible, Remote and Work From Home options are available for this position until approximately April 2022. Afterwards we expect all employee's to join us at our new offices in Southern California where a hybrid work schedule will be observed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Information on the position includes but is not limited to:
- Create the licensing strategy for each brands.
- Create the brand decks and style guides for each brands and share them with licensees
- Liaise with approval team in Japan & licensors to get final approval for the deal term and secure products/assets approval.
- Manage various application tools to submit requests such as agreement draft and expense as well as tracking deal negotiation progress and contract management digitally.
- Work closely with legal team to finalize agreement for approved deals.
- Manage the various requests from licensees for products approval, assets delivery.
- Coordinate on a daily basis with all marketing departments (PR & Communication, Events, Web, CRM, Customer Support, Social Media, ecommerce) to enhance your business.
- Work closely with promotion and marketing campaigns for new video game release which can potentially sync up with licensing products.
- Sum up the information for licensing products for each brands such as release date of products, design, distribution channels and share with marketing team, e-commerce team and sales team in territories.
- Attend global licensing events and manage your booth space, coordinate the business meeting with partners.
- Establish a network of licensing key partners in the industry.
- Keep a sharp eye on new partners who can potentially produce licensed products based on our brands.
- Work closely with finance team to keep truck on royalty statement and assist reporting and collection activity when needed.
- Large number of products and brands for which support has to be provided
- Asia, Japan and Europe for which coordination has to be organized
- Large number of licensees
Knowledge and skills:
- International exposure, fluent in English
- Strong budget-management skills
- Good knowledge of licensing business (business terms, licensee relations, approval process, product categories etc)
- High level of organization and the ability to work autonomously
- Ability to deliver first class written and verbal presentations
- Project oriented, capability to handle several projects at the same time
- Ability to manage processes and workflows through multiple departments and locations
- Intercultural knowledge of Japanese and US based markets
- Passionate about games, licensed products and entertainment.
- Creative thinker, problem solver, proactive
- Ability to be a strong team player in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent communicator, professional and diplomatic
- Deep entertainment culture in video games, music, movies, entertainment, books
- Verbal & written communication skills in English
- A minimum of 3 years experience in licensing business in an international setup preferably in the video game, entertainment or licensing industry
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
About BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc., part of BANDAI NAMCO Holdings Inc., is a leading global publisher and developer of interactive content — including all major video game consoles, iOS, mobile and online. The company is known for creating and publishing many of the industry’s top video game franchises, including PAC-MAN®, TEKKEN®, SOULCALIBUR®, NARUTO™, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN™, Dragon Ball®, GALAGA®, RIDGE RACER® and ACE COMBAT®.