3D Games Artist / Principal Artist
PAC-MAN to Tekken, Tamagotchi to Dark Souls, we are a games company steeped in history and BANDAI NAMCO Mobile is the exciting new pillar of the BANDAI NAMCO Group’s mobile strategy, to grow from the #5 global mobile publisher to #1!
We offer a truly flat structure, full role autonomy, and the creative freedom of a start-up, whilst still having the legacy, resources, and stability of BANDAI NAMCO, a global gaming powerhouse. Our goal in Barcelona is to enrich BANDAI NAMCO's list of successful IPs by creating original and innovative mobile games.
Everybody in our development team is first and foremost, a Game Maker and you will be no different. You will be working in small teams to rapidly design, prototype and iterate game ideas from yourself and the team, so although a master of your own discipline, you will still have a huge voice when it comes to concepting and designing Games at BANDAI NAMCO Mobile. Due to this, it is imperative that you can bring a deep understanding of the Mobile F2P Gaming Market.
Although an experienced voice when it comes to Video Games, you understand that there is always more to learn from both your peers and from the community. You are flexible, open to change and a firm believer that world-class games begin with a world-class team. You understand that processes are not written in stone to be followed regardless, that everything can always be changed and improved, and that change can bring innovation.
3D Games Artist / Principal Artist
We are looking for a seasoned and well-versed 3D Artist with broad experience across Mobile Games to join our team in Barcelona.
At BANDAI NAMCO Mobile, you will be involved in every creative stage of game development, from early concept, ideation, and prototyping to full production. You will be creating game-ready, real-time 3D Character Models and Assets across a broad range of styles, whilst being the go-to for all 3D artistic needs in all our titles, responsible for high and low poly modeling, texturing, shading and implementation into the Unity engine. As well as dealing with possible outsourcing needs related to all things 3D.
3DSMAX, Maya, or Blender are your bread and butter and you’ll always be striving to keep up to date with best practices when it comes to software. Although you may be working on different projects, you will be a proactive member of the art community here at BANDAI NAMCO, passing on your knowledge and expertise to the rest of the team whilst also being open to feedback on your own work from your teammates.
- 8 years + as a Games 3D Artist or 3 + titles released
- Broad experience in 3D game production and in-game implementation.
- An up to date Portfolio, showcasing your professional work
- Creative and detail-oriented.
- A deep understanding of artistic principles (form, composition, color, lighting, value) to convey an artistic vision
- Professional experience with 3D software (eg. Zbrush, Maya, Blender, Photoshop, Substance Painter)
- Expert in both High and Low Poly 3D modeling & texturing
- Experience in Unity 3D game engine
- Advanced knowledge in UV generation and customizable texturing/shading pipelines (Substance, Quixel or similar alternatives)
- Capability to work independently without supervision
- Capability and willingness to contribute with additional skills for early game development
- Qualities to blend in a team with flat structure, where open feedback is a key element of daily work and culture.
- Technical skills in Rigging and or Shaders