Senior Gameplay Engineer
As the gaming arm of Bad Robot Productions (Lost, Cloverfield, Westworld, Star Wars), Bad Robot Games is passionate about telling stories and building worlds that can only be experienced through games. Our goal is to create gaming destinations across all platforms that are as fun to watch as they are to play.
We are seeking an exceptional and versatile Senior Gameplay Engineer to join our internal studio team of seasoned game industry veterans who are focused on creating something brand new.
- Prototype and iterate on features and be willing to accept and respond to critical feedback
- Ensure robust long-term architectural and algorithmic decisions are made throughout the rapid prototyping and production coding processes
- Work closely with the Technical Director to bring technical excellence to the game across multiple features and platforms
- Optimize and fix bugs in existing gameplay systems
- Contribute ideas toward all aspects of the game’s production and development
- Write robust, maintainable code
- Cross-discipline collaboration with the development team to problem solve and generate new ideas
- Participate in playtesting and providing “hands on” feedback as the project progresses
- 7+ years of game development experience in an engineering role
- At least one shipped game on a major gaming platform
- A keen analytical mind, with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong C++ skills
- Able to code and architect gameplay mechanics and tools
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work and inspire in a team environment
- Proficiency in professional engines like Unreal and Unity
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and able to work independently
- Creativity in problem-solving and the ability to think outside of the established solutions
- Proficiency in the pipelines, tools, and processes of creating, building, shipping, and supporting live games
- A passion for multiplayer online gaming and a rich history of game playing across a wide variety of game genres
- Online multiplayer FPS game development experience
- Console development experience
- Experience working on a live service game
- Strong math skills
We believe every project should feel like you’re making something special—and that you’re making it with a family. Any act of creation is a leap of faith. The fun comes from believing that it just might work.
BENEFITS and MORE:
Startup mentality, Bad Robot benefits:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) program
- 100% paid Medical / dental / vision, life, and employee assistance program
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Social impact programming, education, and awareness offering via Good Robot
Distributed Team and Remote Friendly:
- It’s 2021, games are being made by developers spread across the world. Our HQ is located in Santa Monica, CA, but our team collaborates from all over.
- For now, we are only accepting remote candidates in the continental USA, but may be interested in changing this policy as we grow.
Funded, but Independent:
- Backed by strategic and venture capital firms Galaxy Interactive, Horizons Ventures, Tencent, WBIE, and Iconiq, we have incredible investors who believe in the future of storytelling in games, and our ability to deliver on that promise.
We believe that our studio should be representative of the people who play our games.
- Our goal is to make games in which all players can see themselves.
Bad Robot Games is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive salaries and compensation packages to all our full-time hires--which includes comprehensive benefits, and amazing opportunities both in and outside the office.