As the games division of Bad Robot Productions (Lost, Cloverfield, Westworld, Star Wars, Star Trek), we at Bad Robot Games are on a mission to continually reinvent how stories are played.
We are a remote-first games company represented by a diverse team, which empowers us to make the kinds of games in which all players can see themselves. Working closely with our colleagues at Bad Robot Productions, our projects unite our extensive network of games, TV, and film industry talent to create original IPs, expansive worlds and tell new stories across all media platforms which are as fun to watch as they are to play.
Bad Robot Games is looking for a Gameplay Engineer that is an outstanding software engineer who can utilize their mastery in both game development and leadership to guide the engineering team.
Are you ready?
- Work on a game with fast, responsive controls, and fluid gameplay.
- Work closely with designers, artists, and animators to gather requirements and own feature development.
- Build, improve, and maintain gameplay systems.
- Proactively identify issues and fix bugs.
- Be a technical leader for Bad Robot Games and help drive process improvements and set high quality standards.
- Help grow and mentor a team of gameplay engineers of varying skill levels.
- Passion for making and playing games.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong C/C++ skills.
- Excellent math skills with an emphasis on 3D math.
- Experience with large code bases and optimizing code, data, and bandwidth to improve both memory consumption and execution speed.
- Programming experience on a multiplayer AAA game.
- 5+ years of professional experience as an engineer on a game team.
- CS or Comp Eng degree preferred.
- Shipped multiple AAA titles
- Prior gameplay experience on a AAA shooter
Competitive compensation package and benefits
- We encourage a balance in work, personal life and are proponents of health & wellness
- We provide Medical (PPO), Dental, and Vision - 100% of premiums covered for employee and eligible partner & dependents
- Our studio closes several weeks a year for true relax + refresh time in addition to holidays
- Our open time-off policy allows you to take the time off you need without worrying about vacation allotments or accruals
- Comprehensive employee assistance program
- Family and financial wellness
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- We are passionate about social impact and provide education, awareness, and outreach via Good Robot (Bad Robot’s community service and giving division)
- Allocated funds to donate to meaningful non-profit organizations
- Collaborative and casual work environment
DIVERSE AND DISTRIBUTED TEAM (REMOTE-FIRST)
- We believe our studio should be representative of the people who play our games. Our goal is to make games in which all players can see themselves.
- It’s 2021; games are being made by developers spread across the world. Our HQ is located in Santa Monica, CA, but our team collaborates from all over.
- For now, we are only accepting remote candidates in the continental USA but may be interested in changing this policy as we grow.
FUNDED, BUT INDEPENDENT:
- Backed by strategic and venture capital firms Galaxy Interactive, Horizons Ventures, Tencent, WBIE, and Iconiq, our investors believe in the future of storytelling in games and our ability to deliver on that promise.
We offer competitive salaries and compensation packages to all of our full-time hires — which includes comprehensive benefits and amazing opportunities. For more information on current career opportunities with Bad Robot Games, email us.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and to make reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled applicants. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).