Engineering Team Lead
As the games division of Bad Robot Productions (Lost, Cloverfield, Westworld, Star Wars, Star Trek), we at Bad Robot Games are on a mission to continually reinvent how stories are played.
We are a remote-first games company represented by a diverse team, which empowers us to make the kinds of games in which all players can see themselves. Working closely with our colleagues at Bad Robot Productions, our projects unite our extensive network of games, TV, and film industry talent to create original IPs, expansive worlds and tell new stories across all media platforms which are as fun to watch as they are to play.
Bad Robot Games is looking for an Engineering Team Lead that is an outstanding veteran software engineer who can utilize their mastery in both game development and leadership to guide the engineering team.
Are you ready?
- Work closely with designers, artists, and animators to gather requirements and own feature development
- Be a technical leader for Bad Robot Games and help drive process improvements and set high quality standards
- Help grow and mentor a team of software engineers of varying skill levels
- Perform regular code reviews
- Manage multiple projects in the pipeline
- Manage a team of software engineers, provide coaching and development, mentor engineers in best practices
- Guide the team in delivering high quality work
- Recruit for a diverse and high performing team and monitor team health and effectiveness
- Be accountable for the technical health of our games
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong C/C++ skills
- Experience with large code bases and optimizing code, data, and bandwidth to improve both memory consumption and execution speed
- Shipped at least 2 products (engine/tools/game)
- Previously or currently leading high quality teams
- Experience with Unreal game engine
- 5+ years professional experience as a software engineer working in a game development team
- 2 years as a gameplay lead or over one year as an engineering manager leading a team of engineers desired
- Experience growing an engineering team
- Experience leading technical discussions such as technical design reviews and code reviews
- Strong ability to communicate and collaborate cross-discipline
- Product sense and understanding of players in making tech decisions
Competitive compensation package and benefits
- We encourage a balance in work, personal life and are proponents of health & wellness
- We provide Medical (PPO), Dental, and Vision - 100% of premiums covered for employee and eligible partner & dependents
- Our studio closes several weeks a year for true relax + refresh time in addition to holidays
- Our open time-off policy allows you to take the time off you need without worrying about vacation allotments or accruals
- Comprehensive employee assistance program
- Family and financial wellness
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- We are passionate about social impact and provide education, awareness, and outreach via Good Robot (Bad Robot’s community service and giving division)
- Allocated funds to donate to meaningful non-profit organizations
- Collaborative and casual work environment