3D Environment Artist
Baby Robot Games is looking for a 3D Environment Artist to join our friendly and talented team at our Barcelona studio. We are working in partnership with a major international publisher to develop an original and exciting next-gen game ‘Project Atlas’ (working title), a 3rd person stealth game where you merge with shadows to traverse a futuristic world. If you like a stylized/realistic aesthetics, combining ancient civilizations with sci-fi, you'll love this project!
To apply, please send us an email with the Subject "Environment Artist - Your name". Don't forget to add your CV and Demo Reel / Portfolio. Applications from marginalized devs and people from diverse backgrounds are very appreciated!
As an Environment Artist, you will be responsible for both the creation of assets and world construction, from architecture to props and level dressing. You will be proactive in communicating progress. Under our Lead Artist, you will be working closely with the rest of the team, to produce an engaging and coherent universe.
- Skilled in software such as 3Ds Max, Photoshop, Zbrush and Substance Painter and Designer.
- Expert in creating high quality 3D assets, UV maps and textures.
- Creativity and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team.
- A positive attitude to work collaboratively in an open team environment, giving feedback and being open to receive and act on constructive criticism.
- Basic understanding of planning and monitoring tools (Jira, Trello).
- 1-2+ years of previous professional experience.
- Experience working with Unity engine.
- Willingness to work presentially at our office at Barcelona now (if the Covid situation allows it and following the sanitary measures) or once the situation improves.
- Experience with Git / Sourcetree.
- Work together with other artists to deliver a product of the highest possible quality, maintaining a consistent visual style.
- Content creation; involving 3D modelling, UV layout, creation of textures where necessary, and material setup/implementation according to defined quality standards, artistic styles, conceptual designs, technical parameters, and production goals.
- Problem solve creatively, working with the rest of the team to resolve an assortment of artistic development issues as they arise.
- Create a range of environmental assets from props to levels.
- Ensure the consistency of all environmental art.
- Work with the Art Lead to ensure visual direction.
- Be a part of problem-solving discussions.
- Implement assets into the game engine.
- Immediate incorporation.
- Participate in the creation of an original next-gen (PC, Xbox Series X, PS5) game from the beginning until its launch.
- Participate in the design and brainstorming processes for this and other future games.
- Friendly and relaxed work environment to learn and grow together.
- Job in the center of Barcelona (if / once the sanitary situation allows it).