Axis Studios seeks a dedicated Realtime Developer to join the team supporting multiple AAA titles and being part of the future of Realtime at Axis Studios. You’ll be developing brand new next-gen AAA IP’s from the ground up, pushing our Realtime rendered projects, creating cinematics, and more!
As part of the Realtime team, you will be working closely with all of our team, helping diagnose and develop our pipeline in Unreal, Maya and other software. Be a cornerstone of our next-gen development of Realtime Pipeline and a key part of the technical development of the project and final delivery of our Projects.
- Implement, Support and Extend Internal and Client based Realtime Engines and Pipeline
- Support and development of Engine Tools and Pipeline in Python & C++
- Provide suggestions on how to utilise new technologies and tools and implement them into the workflow
- Work closely with our agile team of developers and artists
- Balancing technical support and long term workflow
- Create and update documentation explaining our processes and tools
- Support training of Artists on how to work with the cinematics pipeline
- Educate artists on how to work with the cinematics pipeline.
- Good knowledge of Unreal or Unity
- Great C++ Knowledge
- Good knowledge of Python
- Good knowledge of 3D packages (cross-pipeline) especially Maya
- Experience developing plugins & tools for a Realtime engine
- Good communication skills working with multidisciplinary teams
- Realtime engine experience as an engine programmer
- Familiarity with CG-oriented programming languages, image manipulation and compression, video game hardware, command line systems
- Demonstrated ability for creative solutions to technical challenges within tight deadlines
- Experience in Profiling, Analyzing and optimising for Console/PC games
- Demonstrated understanding of traditional animation or VFX pipelines and workflows
- An interest in Cinematics and Virtual Production
Axis Studios is an award-winning studio with studios in Glasgow, Bristol and London, creating high-end visual content for film, television, games and theme parks. This role is based in Glasgow, but currently remote working as part of COVID-19 measures.
Axis is committed to equal opportunities.