Lead Technical Artist
Axis Studios seeks a dedicated Lead Technical Artist to join the team supporting multiple AAA titles and being part of the future of Realtime at Axis Studios. You’ll be developing brand new next-gen AAA IP’s from the ground up, creating cinematics, pushing our Realtime rendered projects and more!
As part of the Realtime team, you will be working closely with all of our team, helping develop our workflow, push our visual fidelity and develop our pipeline in Unreal, Maya and other software. Be a cornerstone of our development of our Realtime Pipeline and a key part of the technical and artistic development and final delivery of our projects
- Provide creative and technical solutions throughout projects delivering to client and internal quality expectations
- Investigating and evolving our Tech Art Pipeline alongside our CG Supervisors and Leads
- Work with the CG Supervisor and Producer to help define the creative requirements of the project
- Troubleshoot project specific problems as they arise to support the team
- Communicate and liaise with the department leads to arrive at creative, artistic efficient, cost effective solutions best suited to the project
- Be client facing where necessary and point of contact between client and team
- Support training of Artists on how to work with the cinematics pipeline
- In depth knowledge of Unreal Engine and/or Unity
- Good Knowledge of Python
- Excellent communication skills working with multidisciplinary teams
- Excellent team management skills
- Good knowledge of 3D packages (cross-pipeline) preferably Maya and Houdini
- Good artistic eye and ability to support the creative vision of a project
- Experience in Profiling, Analyzing and optimising for Console/PC games
- Strong experience in node-based scripting e.g. Blueprints
- Experience in writing Custom Shaders in Engine (& HLSL / GLSL a bonus)
- Experience in C++
- Interest in Animation and Virtual Production
- Interest in Shader Development and Performance
Axis Studios is an award-winning studio with studios in Glasgow, Bristol and London, creating high-end visual content for film, television, games and theme parks. This role is based in Glasgow, but currently remote working as part of COVID-19 measures.
Axis is committed to equal opportunities.