Lead Realtime Developer
Axis Studios seeks a dedicated LEAD REALTIME DEVELOPER to join our Realtime team supporting multiple AAA titles and being part of the future of Realtime at Axis Studios. Join Axis in developing brand new AAA IP from the ground up, creating Cinematics for once of the most anticipated titles of 2022 and more! Working alongside our Developers Supervisors, Lighting, FX, Layout and animation artists to deliver high end in-game seamless cinematics, from storyboards all the way to final characters and in game cinematics.
As part of the Realtime team you will be working closely with all of our team, helping diagnose and develop our pipeline in Unreal, Maya and other software. Be a cornerstone of our next gen development of Realtime Assets Pipeline and be a key part of the technical development of the project and final delivery of our in-game content.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to shape the future of an animation studio growing it's realtime team and embracing emerging technologies. If you are ambitious and looking for an opportunity to work on the cutting edge of animation and visual effects then we look forward to your application.
Axis Studios is an award winning studio with studios in Glasgow, Bristol and London, creating high-end visual content for film, television, games and theme parks. We are constantly looking for the best talent: enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be part of some of the best work in the industry. This role is based in Glasgow, but currently remote working as part of COVID-19 measures.
- Support both the Artists and Development teams
- Implement, Support and Extend our Realtime engines and pipeline
- Manage and support a team of developers and TD's to deliver high-end realtime cinematics
- Work closely with our agile team of developers and artists.
- Support and develop pipeline in Python & C++
- Provide suggestions on how to utilise new technologies and tools and implement them into the workflow
- Work with both the R&D and Artist teams to deliver solutions and high quality visuals
- Balancing technical support and long term workflow
- Create and update documentation explaining our processes and tools
- Work with the Development team and Head of Realtime to define development milestones and goals.
- Act as a liaison for communicating technical issues to Production, R&D and IT.
- Educate artists on how to work with the cinematics pipeline
- Experience with Unreal or Unity
- Experience with C++ (Python is a bonus)
- Good knowledge of 3D packages (cross-pipeline) especially Maya
- Experience developing plugins, shading models or tools for a real-time engine
- Good troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Solid understanding of algorithms, physics and mathematics
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience managing and supporting a development team
- Good communication skills working with multidisciplinary teams
- Flexible and proactive member of the team
- Document approved pipelines
- Excellent technical understanding of art pipelines, memory and rendering budgets
- Experience with UE4
- Experience with Python
- Good Experience with Maya
- Experience developing with graphics APIs: DirectX, OpenGL, etc.
- Familiarity with CG-oriented programming languages, image manipulation and compression, video game hardware, particle systems, command line systems, and real-time lighting and optimization
- Demonstrated ability for creative solutions to technical challenges within tight deadlines
- Demonstrated understanding of traditional animation or VFX pipelines and workflows
- An interest in cinematics and Virtual Production