(Closed) Virtual Concert and Gaming Video Editor (Contractor)
Full Job Description
Virtual Concert and Gaming Video Editor
We are looking for a talented Video Editor to assemble recorded footage into a finished project that matches the director’s vision and is suitable for broadcasting. Our company focuses on the experience we create for the audience. The primary focus being gaming, innovation, music, and technology. You will be working alongside the Production Manager to execute the vision of the CEO, clients, and brand partners. Events including monthly virtual concerts, HBCU Esports League, Real Life COD Games, Twitch Tournament Livestreams, etc.
JOB TITLE | Video Editor
REPORTS TO | Production Manager
MAJOR GOALS |
- Manipulating and editing film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience
- Taking a brief to grasp the production team’s needs and specifications
- Reviewing shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity
HARDEST PART OF THE JOB |
- Balancing multiple demands of the position
- Leading through influence vs. authority
- Having a cohesive style and voice
JOB FUNCTIONS |
- Capture studio-quality photographs and video
- Work both on and off-site
- Work with our creative teammates
- Regularly collaborate with the marketing team
- Follow the company's brand guidelines
- Participate in an overall video brand messaging strategy
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film
- Input music, dialogues, graphics, and effects
- Create rough and final cuts
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and the industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
WORKING CONDITIONS |
- This position starts as a contractive role lasting 1 month.
- Delivering on all Axis Replay principles, vision, and mission.
- Appropriate casual attire.
PRIMARY PEOPLE CONTACTS |
- Clients, outside partners, and sponsors
- Current members of the Axis Replay team
- Production Manager
REQUIRED PROGRAM KNOWLEDGE |
- Adobe Premier After effects
- Final Cut Pro
- Most gaming systems (PC, Nintendo, PlayStation, Xbox)
AXR CORE VALUES |
- Play to Win - We get it done, as a team with 100% effort.
- Do it Right - We’re dedicated to best practices and we’re committed to excellence.
- Make it Fun - We create fun and positive for ourselves and our customers with a welcoming atmosphere. Our goal: 5 stars, every time.
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Streaming: 1 year (Preferred)
- Video Editing: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Atlanta, GA 30307 (Required)
- United States (Required)