Avalanche Studios is currently hiring a VFX Artist to join a top-tier team based in Stockholm. We are looking for motivated and driven VFX Artists that are excited about creating cutting edge AAA visual effects. We are interested in hearing from both mid-level and senior developers for this position.
The focus and majority of time will be spent creating, implementing and optimizing particle visual effects. Examples include fire, smoke, explosion trails and character effects. The ideal candidate feels comfortable in a team environment and is able to deliver compelling special effects for an original IP. You will work with the Art Director and the design team to create visually stunning effects that enhance the game play utilizing the Avalanche engine.
- Experience in the game industry on a AAA game
- Expert in creating high-quality particle effects and textures
- A portfolio showcasing high-quality effects reel and high resolution effect textures
- The ability to view visual reference of an effect, deconstruct it and subsequently re-create it in a real-time game engine is essential
- Strong knowledge of environmental effects, cloth simulations, lighting and dynamics
- High proficiency in technical problem solving
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Maya, Adobe After Effects and Houdini
- Experience creating real time effects using particles, animation, materials
- Experience in writing scripts/plugins in MEL, C/C++ for Maya
- Experience in creating real time shaders and post effects
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios Group. For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Stockholm or Liverpool office.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.