Avalanche Studios is the division dedicated to ambitious, externally published, AAA open world games like Just Cause, Mad Max, and Rage 2 - our upcoming title Contraband is a co-op smuggler’s paradise set in the fictional world of 1970s Bayan.
Contraband is a brand new IP published by Xbox Game Studios, and we're now looking for a talented Technical Director to join our team in New York.
As the Technical Director, you will partner with the technical leads within the team. You will play a key role in bridging artistic vision and technical implementation by setting technical standards, driving innovation, and identifying synergies between teams and supporting building a high quality game.
To succeed in this role, you have to be passionate about games technology, be the natural technical leader, have excellent people skills, and be devoted to making fun, immersive games.
- Responsible for technical excellence and architecture of the project team
- Be the technical stakeholder for a new project and set us up for success.
- Set strategies for future technical development
- Manage internal and external technology dependencies and risks, and help with the creation of mitigation plans
- Evaluate both internal and external technology solutions
- Facilitate communication both within and across disciplines and facilitate and encourage the sharing of technical knowledge and code between projects and divisions
- Work with and maintain positive relationships with our technical partners.
- Support and work with the Technical Leads
- Develop strong relationships with the Central Technology Group
- Worked from start to finish on at least one AAA console game, understanding of its architecture; understanding the engine, middleware, and their constraints
- Strong technical background with solid professional experience in C/C++ programming.
- Practical experience from different areas of game development as well as industry experience working as a Lead Programmer or Technical Director.
- Extensive knowledge in software development methods
- Strategic mindset and ability to manage stakeholders at all levels
- Proven team management and inter-discipline communication skills.
- Must possess excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Be interested in upcoming new technologies and trends
- Experience from working with open-world games
- Experience in working with multiplayer games
- Experience from working with a proprietary engine.
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
Avalanche Studios Group believes in a healthy work/life balance and is an industry-leader in vacation days and supporting a flexible work policy for parents. Taking a cue from our Swedish roots, our NY office offers 100% health care coverage. Additionally, Avalanche will be involved in the Visa application process if you are an international applicant.
How to Apply
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios Group. For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our New York office. To apply for this position please register below. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.
We offer our full time employees 100% company paid Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance and 5 weeks of PTO including 2 weeks of Summer break. Employees enjoy the company’s commitment to work-life balance and working with a talented team on an exciting AAA game.