Expansive Worlds is a creative division of Avalanche Studios Group and a leading developer and publisher of outdoor games. Since 2009, Expansive Worlds has been devoted to delivering highly immersive outdoor gaming experiences for millions of players and best known for the long-standing and successful theHunter franchise.
We are now looking for a highly motivated Technical Artist to join our new team in Liverpool to work with an unannounced title
The ideal candidate should feel comfortable in a team environment and is able to contribute on many levels. You will work with the Art and Technical Directors to help manage, research and evolve the art content creation pipelines and act as a liaison between the artists, level designers and programmers.
The successful candidate will be expected to gain expert knowledge of Apex, Avalanche’s in-house engine. You will play a key role in setting up, learning existing and maintaining art pipelines and workflows.
You will need to have an understanding of real-time rendering, shaders and PBR and any technical limitations in regard to memory and performance for the projects. You should be well acquainted with content creation workflows; procedural and manual.
- 3+ years experience and shipped titles as a Technical Artist in the game industry
- Good knowledge of current 3D rendering principles and shaders
- Strong understanding of PBR and HDR content and rendering pipelines
- Comprehensive knowledge of 3D content creation software including Maya, Substance Painter, Substance Designer and Houdini.
- Strong knowledge of Python and the Qt Framework
- Competency with architecting and developing tools and pipelines for artists
- Experience working with and knowledge of current generation console hardware
- Ability to communicate effectively with artists, designers, engineers, and other members of the development team.
- Experience with pre-rendering pipelines
- Knowledge of C++
- Experience with Houdini and procedural pipelines
To apply for this position please register below with a detailed CV and cover letter. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in Liverpool studio.
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios Group. For this role, you need to be able to work full-time in Liverpool. Following the UK Government’s Guidance for employers and businesses on COVID-19, all employees in Liverpool will initially join and work remotely until we can establish a physical location.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.