Avalanche Studios Group and its creative division Avalanche Studios is looking for a talented Technical Artist to join a top-tier, experienced team to help craft cutting edge AAA open-world games.
We are looking for a Technical Artist with specialized experience towards rendering pipelines to work on the development of high-profile projects. The ideal candidate feels comfortable in a team environment and is able to contribute on many levels of the technical art side in general, and with an edge in realtime rendering features. You will work with the Art and Technical Directors to help manage, research and evolve the art content creation pipelines and act as a liaison between the artists and programmers. You will work with a team of talented and experienced game developers, who have worked on numerous best-selling and critically acclaimed titles
- Experience in the game industry
- Strong Python knowledge and experience using the Qt Framework
- Good understanding of real time rendering and shaders
- Strong understanding of PBR and HDR content and rendering pipelines
- Comprehensive knowledge of 3D content creation software including Maya and Substance Painter & Designer
- Competency with architecting and developing tools and pipelines for artists
- Experience working with and knowledge of current generation console hardware
- Ability to communicate effectively with artists, designers, engineers, and other members of the development team.
- Experience with pre-rendering pipelines
- Knowledge and experience using C++
- Experience writing HLSL/GLSL shaders
- Experience with Houdini and procedural pipelines
- A solid foundation in traditional art
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios Group. For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Stockholm or Liverpool office.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.