Technical Animator Second Extinction
Avalanche Studios Group and its creative division Systemic Reaction are looking for an experienced Technical Animator to join the Second Extinction team. Second Extinction is our new co-op FPS, where players battle mutant dinosaurs to reclaim Earth.
As a Technical Animator you will be responsible for skinning and rigging characters and other in-game objects, setting-up and maintaining animation pipelines and facilitating animators and designers to help maximize efficiency in feature development. As a small team we look to promote autonomy where each developer has great ownership and can drive their area of the game forward. The Technical Animator reports to the Lead Animator and works closely with animators, character artists, animation code and technical artists.
You'll be responsible for
- Character rigging and setup for human, weapon and animal character
- Driving animation pipelines, and regularly improving upon them
- Working in collaboration with animators, designers and programmers to implement realisation of player mechanics and npc characters
- Communicate effectively with content teams to identify workflow issues, spec out the plan to solve them, and then drive that plan to a shippable state
- Use your technical expertise to find creative solutions to challenging problems
- Python scripting experience
- Knowledge of Autodesk animation software (Maya/Motionbuilder)
- Strong understanding of character mechanics and animation pipelines/workflows
- Experienced in rigging and skinning
- Clear and open communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Desire to work as part of a team; taking feedback and direction appropriately, and the motivation to work independently
- Experience working on open world games or FPS games
- Experience working with player mechanics
- Owning and maintaining animation state machines
- Driving animation state machine tools and pipeline improvements
- C++ programming experience
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios Group and which games you are currently playing. For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Malmö office.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.