Systemic Reaction, a division part of Avalanche Studios Group, is looking for a smart, driven and creative Systems Designer to join the Malmö team working on our FPS, Dino slaying, co-op game, Second Extinction.
We want players to not only love our game for the over the top big-map action but take away a memorable player experience that is easy to understand and naturally accessible. Players will also interact with game systems that deepen their experience and bring them back to the game time and again.
At Systemic reaction Design is about communicating complicated or abstract concepts in a clear and understandable way to make the player experience the best it can possibly be. The successful candidates will be tasked with creating a smooth, accessible and meaningful player experience from initial boot to onboarding to watching the credits roll.
On Second Extinction we have multiple systems that are core to the players experience from player progression to the weekly War Effort. The System Design aspect of the role will not only be to take ownership of existing features but to design new systems as the game grows and evolves.
We want you to join us in Malmö to make our game better. You will work closely with our System programmers and UI team to make this a reality. Your mission will be to improve the games function and flow for the best game experience possible for all our players.
- System design experience on at least one published game
- Proven techniques and methods for effectively communicating user experience and user flow in mock up, wireframe or other rapid forms.
- Experience working closely with other designers, UI and creative teams.
- Experience with iterative design processes
- Proven experience in strategic design and user experience decisions
- Experience with user testing, analytics, accessibility and interpretation of data
- Any other design discipline experience such as narrative design, writing, mission, scripting et al.
- Qualifications in UX, interface, and interaction design including the creation of wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes, personas, journey maps, and other UX tools.
- Experience working with non game and community systems such as those driven on web, social channels.
- UX design experience on at least one published game
- Experience with any of the following; Live games, FPS, Open world
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios Group and which games you are currently playing. For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Malmö office.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.