Senior World Designer
Avalanche Studios Group is looking for a Senior World Designer to join our team, currently creating an unannounced self published game. The team is moderately sized which will give you fantastic opportunities to influence the end product alongside you pushing the boundaries of your discipline.
As a Senior World Designer, you’ll mainly be responsible for creating amazing locations in the game world while also scripting specific experiences the player will have in them. You will be getting your hands dirty building these immersive worlds with a wide range of editors and tools.
- Plan, build and iterate on open-world environments from basic foundations through to completion. Establishing key landmarks, locations and asset requirements
- Working closely with the System, Mission and Narrative design teams to implement the various gameplay, AI and shape spaces that play brilliantly and tell a story
- Establish and drive the improvement of world creation pipelines through the creation and requesting of prefabs and systemic elements that allow you to balance efficiency with quality
- Work with the Audio and VFX team to ensure you’re setting the right tone and mood
- Finally, making the right adjustments based on feedback and thoroughly debugging your work until its ready to make its way into the hands of millions of players
- An excellent understanding of level and world design principles from high-level world flow to crafting dynamic encounter and traversal spaces
- Experience on creating open world spaces using terrain sculpting and greybox tools
- Strong knowledge of game design fundamentals with an understanding of how to craft a space that fully embraces systemic elements
- Self-motivated in setting and reaching goals while able to produce results as part of a team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate ideas and requirements to stakeholders
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios Group. For this role, you need to be able to work full-time in Liverpool. Following the UK Government’s Guidance for employers and businesses on COVID-19, all employees in Liverpool will initially join and work remotely until we can establish a physical location.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.