Senior Community Manager
Do you love engaging with players from around the world online? Do you have a knack for deciphering developers’ updates and turn them into bite-sized snippets of positivity? Do you enjoy growing, maintaining, and nurturing a community that’s free of harassment and unapologetic towards trolls? Let’s talk.
We are looking to expand our team at Systemic Reaction with an experienced, passionate Senior Community Manager who wants to be part of building a community from the ground up for an upcoming title developed and published by us. The role is based in our Stockholm office where you will be part of the marketing team but work directly with the development team.
Your main responsibilities will be identifying and activating relevant communities via forums, social media, live streams, and other available channels. The ultimate goal is a growing, healthy, engaged community for our upcoming game. In the meantime we’d also appreciate your help in guiding and mentoring your colleagues, something we hope you enjoy doing on a regular basis.
You plan your community initiatives in alignment with the overall marketing plan as well as development schedules. You act as a liaison between players and the development team ensuring expectation management is handled both ways. Sometimes this means delivering bad news and handling criticism without losing your cool. Most of the time it means having fun, showcasing our titles, and working together with a committed and creative team that will always have your back.
Since we are a lean team each role comes with a lot of responsibility and a lot of creative freedom, so we expect you to be autonomous and a quick learner.
- Development - Develop a fast-growing and healthy community.
- Engagement - Engage our community via forums, live streams, social media channels, and other available platforms.
- Plans - Craft and execute on a community plan in close collaboration with marketing and developers.
- Expectation management - Ensure community communication is reflecting what the game is, setting the right expectations.
- Feedback - Collect, organize, and escalate community feedback to the stakeholders within the dev team to ensure community-driven game development.
- Evangelization - Act as the voice of the game towards the community.
- Hands-on - Engage in dialogue and answer questions (where appropriate).
- Copywriting - Write up statements, patch notes, copy for the website, etc. on behalf of the game.
- Events - Create and execute competitions, campaigns, and events.
- Moderator Management - Assist and guide community/forum moderators
- Analytics - Identify and report on key metrics demonstrating community health and growth. Aligning with overall Marketing KPIs.
- Be a Personality - Be confident in front of a camera and able to think on your feet during live streams to our fans.
- At least 5+ years of community management and/or social media management experience.
- Experience with coaching and mentoring team members.
- Previous experience from community management within the video games industry.
- Comfortable communicating with gamers online - must be comfortable working hands-on.
- Understands video game culture.
- Excellent communication skills (English).
- Basic Photoshop skills or/and video editing tools.
- Self-starter and roll up the sleeves mentality.
- Solution-oriented problem solver.
- Passionate about video games.
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios Group. For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Stockholm office.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.
We will be reviewing the applications after the holidays.