Senior Character Programmer
Systemic Reaction is looking to hire a world-class Senior Character Programmer to join an unannounced project. As a senior character programmer we think you bring long experience from previous productions developing animation systems and character mechanics. Our ambition has always been to create believable characters in immersive open worlds, and the sandbox components typically found in Avalanche games makes it especially challenging and interesting when developing systemic animation, AI and character solutions.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in traversal and combat actions, animation blending, character scripting, animation state machines and similar techniques.
For the right candidate there is also a component of studio level technical direction in the form of planning and execution of the long-term technical roadmap in the areas of Characters, Animation and AI.
- C/C++ fluency
- Completed and shipped full-cycle console game projects
- Strong interest and experience with modern character animation techniques
- Familiarity with modern AI and physics game systems
- Solid understanding of 3D math and its application to game development
- Experience with performance and resource optimization for consoles
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate with other game-dev disciplines (animation, design, production, effects, etc)
- Passion for playing, making and thinking about games
- Direct experience with PS4 or XBox One development for a shipped title
- Familiarity with Python scripting
- Familiarity with modern real-time animation processes and pipelines
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios Group. For this role, you need to be able to work full-time in Liverpool. Following the UK Government’s Guidance for employers and businesses on COVID-19, all employees in Liverpool will initially join and work remotely until we can establish a physical location.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.