Product Owner - theHunter: Call of the Wild
Expansive Worlds is a creative division of Avalanche Studios Group and a leading developer and publisher of outdoor games. Since 2009, Expansive Worlds has been devoted to delivering highly immersive outdoor gaming experiences for millions of players and best known for the long-standing and successful theHunter franchise.
We are now looking for a passionate, business minded and analytical Product Owner, based in our studio in Malmö, to work with our self-published title theHunter: Call of the Wild and manage its live operations.
As Product Owner, you will help to drive the future product and business development of theHunter: Call of the WIld. The role includes setting the long-term strategy for the game, defining business objectives, working towards maximising profitability, but also understanding and representing the wants and needs of our players. Managing the product, you take ownership and accountability of our development roadmap and associated financial deliverables.
You are used to delivering results within a fast-paced game development environment and possess a strong analytical acumen and business judgement. Furthermore, you need to be able to prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a proven track record of driving cross-functionally. Your understanding in how to run a game as a service is of vital importance and knowledge of driving video games transactions highly beneficial. In terms of mindset, you’d need the ability to think both strategically and tactically. You should also be accustomed to using customer centric data to identify opportunities, merge them with the development roadmap and evaluate results.
- Set the long-term and short-term business and development roadmap for the product
- Produce business plans and visions for current and future product and business opportunities; assess and analyze performance accordingly
- Accountable for product Profit & Loss: meeting and exceeding financial expectations
- Build ongoing understanding of product risk & opportunities vs. plans; outline, prioritize and communicate related actions
- Set and define expectations on performance (KPIs) and quality indicators (KQIs) on ongoing basis and measure against them
- Partner with analytical teams to understand performance, consumer behaviors and trends; identify key opportunities for innovation
- Understand the audience, analyze customer patterns, and share insights with internal teams about what drives and motivates our players
- Analyze customer data and feedback to determine features or components that will add value to a product as well as maximize sales
- Work closely with the marketing and development teams to optimize our opportunities and drive towards the set business objectives
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams to optimize execution with partnerships and distribution channels
- Provide motivation and direction to ensure that project goals, objectives, and deliverables are clearly communicated and achieved
- Work in tandem with the Producers to plan capacity utilization and set priorities
- 5+ years experience in a product role at a tech or gaming company.
- Used to owning and managing a product roadmap, crafting product requirements, and specifications
- Good knowledge about the video games market, user acquisition, and optimization of the player funnel
- Experience working in an international environment
- Management experience, with a proven track-record of growing and empowering teams
- Extensive knowledge of working in a KPI-driven environment, and delivering ROI
- Experience in Profit & Loss management, including forecasting and creating monthly/yearly/long term budgets
- Fluent English and great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills
- Self-sufficient with a “can do” attitude
- Collaborative, proactive, and self-motivated
- Excellent presentation skills
- Work well in a matrixed organization
- Team player
- Interest in Outdoor(s) and/or Sportsperson Activities
- Keen gamer
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios Group. For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Malmö office. To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.