Avalanche Studios Group and its creative division Avalanche Studios is currently hiring a Senior Gameplay Animator, to join our top-tier development team, working on our next AAA title in Stockholm. Avalanche Studios is the original creator of the award-winning Just Cause franchise (published by Square Enix) and the developer of Mad Max (published by Warner Bros. Interactive) and Rage 2 (published by Bethesda Softworks).
As a Gameplay Animator you will be working with a talented team of directors, artists, programmers, and designers, to fully realize content for our in-game character features.
This position requires you to take on a considerable amount of ownership and responsibility. You are expected to bring your passion, highly developed animation skills and creative problem solving to contribute to our project on many levels.
The ideal candidate has experience with character animation, and any experience with rigging and skinning would be a bonus. As a Gameplay Animator you will contribute on many levels, both to the game and the company as a whole, working together with all other members of the team to make content that you and we will be proud of.
- Min. 4 years of experience working as an Animator in the games industry
- Experienced in using Maya and/or MotionBuilder
- Skills in animating both human and creature characters
- High proficiency in technical problem solving
- Strong driving force to produce animations of the highest quality and maintain our high quality standards
- Strong experience with Motion-Capture data, both in polish and enhancement
- Accomplished observational skills coupled with a strong understanding of weight distribution and pacing/timing
- Good communication skills and experience from working in a team environment
- Procedural animation experience
- A deep understanding of state machine graphs and animation trees
- Animation, rigging, skinning, animation state trees and animation scripting
- Experience with facial animation, cinematography, cinematic related character
- Experience with multi-player related animation systems and open world games
- Have a passion for making great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends ideally an avid gamer!
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios Group. For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Stockholm office.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.