Expansive Worlds is a creative division of Avalanche Studios Group and a leading developer and publisher of outdoor games. Since 2009, Expansive Worlds has been devoted to delivering highly immersive outdoor gaming experiences for millions of players and best known for the long-standing and successful theHunter franchise.
We are now looking for a Concept Artist to work within the division on its current and unannounced titles.
As a concept artist at Expansive Worlds you will work directly with the Creative Director, Art Director, internal interdisciplinary teams, and other internal and external creators to set the artistic tone and vision for our next game.
- Excellent traditional art skills with an eye for atmospheric, perspective, color, and lighting, and the ability to use these skills to properly portray the mood of the concept.
- Proficiency in the use of Photoshop or other digital painting tools as well as traditional painting/rendering techniques.
- The ability to understand and embellish the greater vision of the art director, while considering the constraints of art style, gameplay, technical possibilities.
- Exceptional skill in communicating an artistic vision, both written and verbally.
- Good communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Some AAA video game platform experience.
- Passion for playing and making games.
- 3+ years industry experience.
- Experience with Maya, Zbrush, Sketchup, Gaea or other 3D content packages.
- Exceptional hard surface concept skills.
- Exceptional environmental concept skills.
- Familiarity with video game product development including workflow, tools, limits of technology, character turnarounds, storyboarding, marketing material, graphic design, HUD/UI design.
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios Group. For this role, you need to be able to work full-time in Liverpool. Following the UK Government’s Guidance for employers and businesses on COVID-19, all employees in Liverpool will initially join and work remotely until we can establish a physical location.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.