Aurorian Studios is seeking an experienced and autonomous 3D Graphics/Tools Programmer to help release a title already well into production. Primary responsibility would be working with Shaders and/or Unity URP, in close collaboration with the artists to realize the stylistic aesthetics of the game on the technical end. May also include toolchains for art integration or shader tweaking by artists, handling of lighting, and general 3D asset integration pipeline support.
The game is a farm-life colony simulator made in Unity and already has a medium-sized team working full time. We are an extremely passionate team of indie devs located around the world, and as such we all work exclusively remotely.
Work is full-time equivalent with regular monthly payments, with an option for contribution-based revenue share if interested. The duration of the contract is expected to be around 7 months.
- Proficient with the Unity Engine
- Strong knowledge of C# and Unity APIs
- Experience with various patterns/frameworks/ models like Zenject, MVC, OOP, ECS etc.
- Good understanding of S.O.L.I.D principles
- Functional understanding of version control (git)
- Experience working with tracking software (Jira, Trello, Codecks etc..)
- Familiar with agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of continuous integration and QA processes
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Unity custom render pipelines, pixel graphics and shaders
- Released 1 or more games on popular platforms
- Working in medium sized development teams
- Experience working on highly stylized visual shaders and rendering
- Cel Shader creation experience
NOTE: Failure to follow the below instructions may result in your application being discarded.
- Portfolio (including at least one example of shader or rendering pipeline work)
- Why you want to join us
- Desired compensation