(Closed) Senior Event Manager
Senior Events Manager
After Atlanta Reign’s successful inaugural year within the Overwatch League and esports community, we are looking to continue that success with growing its marketing and production team to reach new heights of our potential. You will be working with talented and passionate individuals in an amazing and enjoyable environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct 3rd party providers and contractors to deliver programs, services, and support resources to meet and exceed event and executive expectations.
- Lead event management function of event planners and execution, Business Unit and C-suite events and meetings
- Negotiate complex vendor contracts (hotel, transportation companies, event vendors, etc.) and manage relationships with outside vendors
- Research and recommend locations for events provide cost estimates as applicable
- Plan, manage and execute all operational and logistical functions related to events, C-suite meetings or owners meetings
- Provide input to leadership and to event team and other stakeholders for internal meeting planning, gaming events and tournaments, e-sports summits, etc, including sharing of best practices, and serve in a consultant capacity to ensure appropriate guidelines are followed with creative agencies, production companies, vendors, hotels, contracts, transportation companies, etc.
- Collaborate with internal and external clients to establish goals and objectives for all meetings
- Align resources to support all events, including communications, speakers, AV/production equipment and staging, web registration, hotel arrangements, etc.
- Oversee the strategy of information management for the team via Quip or other workflow software and oversee implementation of the site and maintain current information to be a resource to others who plan/manage events on the team
- Manage overall tracking of meetings and events being planned outside the Event Planning department, to ensure proper contract procedures, and overall compliance with company policy and the Atlanta Reign brand
- College degree in Marketing or related field
- CMP(Certified Meeting Professional) a plus
- 5+ years of event planning experience
- Travel up to 25-50%
- Excellent project management and results oriented skills
- Ability to interact with all executive levels, including the CEO
- Possess the highest level of integrity, ethics and professionalism
- Flexibility to react quickly in a fast paced high growth environment
- Detailed working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PPT, Access)
- Experience with meeting management and ticketing software (IE: Swoogo, Ticketmaster, Eventbrite)
- Working knowledge of project management software, such as Quip, Forecast, etc.
- Familiarity with other event technology (mobile apps, virtual environments, etc.)
- Ability to address complex issues utilizing a clear and thoughtful manner and come to a resolution quickly without jeopardizing the event or relationships with people involved
- Sensitivity to private and privileged information
How to apply:
Send resume and cover letter to the email attached belowwith the subject line [Senior Events Manager- Overwatch] ‘Your Full Name’.