Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager – Atlanta FaZe
The Social Media Manager is responsible for setting and executing the Atlanta FaZe’s social media strategy and overseeing all social media accounts, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and TikTok as well as launching the brand(s) in emerging platforms. This individual will help concept and distribute engaging social content and activations, alongside in-house content creators and agency partners. They also will run Atlanta FaZe community management by interacting with fans on social channels to keep the communities engaged and growing.
This professional must know and understand the irreverent, down-to-earth, and straight shooter voice of the Atlanta FaZe. They must also have an enthusiasm for gaming, pop culture, sports, entertainment, music, and the ability to look for real-time marketing opportunities and develop ideas that will nurture existing fans and break through to new audiences.
The social media manager will work closely with the Director of Brand Marketing, agency partners and content creators to implement social media campaigns, measure performance and improve results.
This role reports to the Director of Brand Marketing and will support the strategic business objectives of Atlanta Esports Ventures (AEV) and the Atlanta FaZe.
- Lead the development and execution of Atlanta FaZe social media strategy and monthly content calendar across all channels
- Manage the day-to-day social media accounts and oversee community management, which includes interacting with followers, answering fan questions, assigning fan complaints, and looking for real-time marketing opportunities and signals
- Closely collaborate with the Director of Brand Marketing, Content team, agency partners and content creators to ensure social media campaigns and concepts are aligned with the brand voice and integrated to support established marketing objectives for league/event initiatives, brand campaigns, partnerships, etc.
- Identify and track social media KPIs (awareness, engagement, trends, etc.) and provide regular analysis and social metric reporting followed with important insights and key learning
- Keep a pulse on social media trends and platforms that offer new ways for AEV/Atlanta FaZe to maintain a modern, relevant presence
- Oversee development of social media assets collaborating with creative, content and video teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications and/or related area of study
- Minimum 4 years of experience managing social media accounts with 100k+ followers, including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Demonstrated understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitch, TikTok, Tumblr, etc.), their unique audiences, emerging platforms and how to use them to maximize branding and marketing efforts
- Passion for esports/gaming
- In-depth knowledge of analytics software, content management systems and SEO tools
- Proficiency with multi-social posting platforms such as Sprinklr and Hootsuite
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively with a variety of business partners (both internal and external)
- Ability to interact with various levels of stakeholders
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including travel, nights, weekends, and holidays
Competitive salary (DOE) & benefits. Background check required (in accordance with applicable laws & regulations).