Senior Mobile Software Engineer
What is Athenascope? We've spent the last year working at the intersection of gaming media and structured neural networks. We’ve started with AI-powered highlights, game detection, clipping, and editing – and built a community passionate about the product and its potential. We have a strong start and a lot more products that we’re looking forward to building.
Why us? Our interest in gaming starts at the top; our team comes from a mix of tech and gaming backgrounds, with a unanimous interest in games of all genres (eg, we have an #animalcrossing Slack channel). Our seed was led by First Round Capital and we’re well capitalized to take on the challenge.
Where do you come in? We’re looking for a senior mobile engineer to take us to the next level of app development. We’re looking for team members that can help us meet the challenge of growing so quickly.
You will join the engineering team and work alongside other leaders who have built and shipped AI and Machine Learning products at Google, Facebook, Grokker, and Xfire.
- Collaborate with product team to develop sophisticated user-facing features that leverage complex technologies.
- Improve development processes and share engineering best practices.
- Lead and execute technical projects that involve native development.
- Optimize existing video editing tools and develop new videos features.
- Proactively find and address frontend performance issues.
- Make architectural decisions for high impact mobile app projects.
- Review code and architecture plans to maintain high quality.
What You Bring
- Loves solving challenging technical problems.
- 5+ years of experience in mobile environment.
- Experience with some combination of: React Native, Node.JS, GraphQL, Android Native, iOS Native, FFmpeg.
- Ability to move fast and maintain stable infrastructure.
- Early startup experience and familiarity with the streaming industry strongly preferred.