(Closed) Social Media Specialist
Job Description Overview:
The Consumer Marketing team is looking for a talented and analytical social media specialist to join our small but highly talented team. This role is heavily focused on social content creation, driving innovation, managing content calendars and working cross functionally. This role is responsible for working with the Social Media Marketing Manager on executing the development, planning and implementation of brand awareness strategies, influencer campaigns, and product launch activities. You will also work closely with your peers in product marketing, content, PR, design and video production team to collaborate and help develop unified campaigns. We’re looking for someone very comfortable with numbers, able to work with large, diverse groups of people and have a can-do attitude.
- Contribute to and co-manage the social media content calendar.
- Plan, create, and execute compelling original content for the ASUS and Republic of Gamers brand - with a strong focus on Instagram, YouTube and influencer content.
- Develop and implement engaging campaigns across social media channels, collaborating with Product Marketing team, Design/Video team, PR and Content team to identify marketing opportunities and ensure unified messaging across the whole Marketing team.
- Proactively identify improvements, trends, and Social insights. Establish campaign goals and measure/report on performance of programs using Facebook Insights, YouTube Insights, Social Bakers, Hootsuite and Google Analytics.
- Fill in for other social media roles and community management support as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, or a related area.
- 1-2 years of experience in a marketing or communications role, either in an agency setting or at a company in a relevant industry.
- Experience with working in a team environment and interacting with all levels within the company
- Experience with creating reports
- Good understanding of PC gaming, esports and DIY backgrounds preferred
- Creative, diplomatic, and calm under pressure with great interpersonal skills
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong writing skills and solid knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Docs.
- Well organized and able to multi-task efficiently and effectively
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of online community platforms including blogs, forums, and other tech communities
- Intermediate Photography skills and good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including but not limited to, Photoshop, Premiere and Illustrator
- Experience with tools and platforms used to track and analyze social performance metrics like Social Bakers and Hootsuite among others.
- Typically works in an office environment
- Requires sitting or standing, operating a computer, keyboard, telephone and other office equipment for extended periods of time
- Expected travel 25%