Founded in 1996, Aspyr Media, Inc. got its start in Austin, TX by bringing the biggest PC gaming franchises such as Call of Duty, Sid Meier’s Civilization and Star Wars to Mac. Today, Aspyr is a video game publishing and development partner focused on maximizing the potential of games. We find the world's best games and connect them to new audiences, on all platforms.
Reporting to the Executive Producer, the Technical Producer is responsible for ensuring that games ship on time and meet quality targets. Working with internal departments and external partners, you will bring games to the market by coordinating with individuals of all disciplines, fostering effective and open communications across the teams.
- Partner with discipline leads and representatives to implement product features.
- Coordinate and track schedules to ensure engineering tasks come in on time and meet quality standards.
- Work directly with the VP of Engineering to help with priorities, clarity and execution of objectives.
- Maintain engineering backlog and plan sprints.
- Provide consistent and clear communication on the status of projects to stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the production team to identify risks and make sure project deliverables are met.
- Identify and fix bottlenecks (both in the short and long term).
- Serve as a point of contact for both internal and external partners.
- Provide motivation, project direction, and improve best practices.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of game development experience in an internal development role such as QA, Design, Engineering, or Production.
- Comprehensive understanding of game development, from concept to submission and sustained development post launch
- Track record of project planning being successfully executed leading to the timely delivery of quality projects
- Strong time-management skills with the ability to focus on priorities, manage change and deliver against agreed deadlines
- Experience working with external teams and integrating those teams into internal production processes
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively as a mediator between all development disciplines.
- Ability to self-prioritize and execute with minimal supervision as well as leading by example.
- Proven experience working on multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a high degree of ownership.
- Experience managing schedules and requirements.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of various production methodologies.
- Agile or similar methodology background a plus.
Aspyr is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Aspyr are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Aspyr will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Aspyr encourages applicants of all ages.