Quality Assurance Lead
Quality Assurance Lead
Founded in 1996, Aspyr Media, Inc. got its start in Austin, TX by bringing the biggest PC gaming franchises such as Call of Duty, Sid Meier’s Civilization and Star Wars to Mac. Today, Aspyr is a video game publishing and development partner focused on maximizing the potential of games. We find the world's best games and connect them to new audiences, on all platforms.
Reporting to the Quality Assurance (QA) Manager, the QA Lead is responsible for helping establish and streamline QA pipeline to support a portfolio of games, enabling Aspyr to efficiently and confidently release high-quality products.
- Help define and oversee programs to evaluate and communicate the launch readiness of all titles to key stakeholders and the leadership team
- Collaborate closely with product teams and partners teams to understand a product vision and customer segment and develop appropriate test strategies
- Provide delegation and mentorship to QA Game Testers
- Recommend mechanisms and team structures that will scale (examples: automation frameworks, “follow-the-sun” test capability, product dashboards)
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
- 3+ years of experience in overall video game QA/test experience; 1+ years as a development QA lead or senior tester or analyst shipping AAA titles
- Demonstrated experience developing high-quality test plans and test reports
- Experience shipping a AAA game (guiding them from initial planning to a customer-facing release)
- Knowledge of QA methodology and tools, software testing standards, methods and conventions, and the product development cycle
- Proven success in communicating cross-functionally and across management levels
- Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements
Aspyr is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Aspyr are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Aspyr will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Aspyr encourages applicants of all ages.