Global Community and Social Media Manager
GLOBAL COMMUNITY & SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
Founded in 1996, Aspyr Media, Inc. got its start in Austin, TX by bringing the biggest PC gaming franchises such as Call of Duty, Sid Meier’s Civilization and Star Wars to Mac. Today, Aspyr is a video game publishing and development partner focused on maximizing the potential of games. We find the world's best games and connect them to new audiences, on all platforms.
Do you believe community and content are important for inspiring brands ? Do you enjoy connecting with players, fans and industry professionals? Do you want to be a part of a growing team building amazing experiences for the gaming community?
Aspyr Media is looking for a seasoned, player-centric Global Community & Social Media Manager to develop and grow the corporate and product community marketing communications team.
Reporting into the Head of Marketing the ideal candidate has a deep and intrinsic understanding of how communications, content, social media, influencer relationships intersect with each other, and is adept at crafting and executing social and community strategies across multiple channels to further engage our existing fans and drive new ones. Leveraging media intelligence, analytics and community sentiment you will optimize and continuously enhance plans providing best in class fan content and experiences for the community. This is a highly visible, strategic role where you’ll be making a key impact on the business.
Join a team of industry veterans with a start up mentality and help build a fun and engaging community around the most exciting brands and experiences for console, PC and mobile gaming.
- Create and implement the social media and community philosophy, strategies and communication campaigns by collaborating with marketing and studios.
- Manage a customer communications team and set the long term strategies and growth for the group
- Develop and execute contextual relevant social media and community strategies, tactics and content across various social and broadcast channels, (Facebook, Twitter, Twitch, Youtube, Linkedin etc) including the Aspyr website and In-Game Prolog Tool.
- Define with marketing the social and community voice and represent our brand as the primary community champion on the respective forums and channels.
- Grow followers and audience engagement by delivering fully integrated social programs across channels through paid and organic media including SEO and SEM.
- Analyze and use social media intelligence tools correctly to interpret, document, and report on content and program performance data including community sentiment.
- Partner with internal cross functional teams to align strategies and efforts while supporting and building long-term relationships with our publishing and license partners.
- Identify, cultivate, and engage advocates including passionate influencers that can help amplify our core reach.
- Generate compelling media communications such as blogs, patch notes, social copy, contests, live events, VOD, content partnerships, and influencer/streamer programs.
- Benchmark and monitor competitor and industry leaders in community and social media to apply best practices and improve the overall strategy.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a manager building communities, collaborating with partners, and managing teams in a related field.
- Proficient in building paid and organic campaigns on current social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc.), broadcast media platforms (YouTube, Twitch, Discord, Mixer, etc.) and third party social tools for content management, listening, and analytics, such as: Spredfast, Hootsuite, Buffer, SocialBakers, Radian6, Sprinklr, etc.
- Experience working on a mix of console, PC, mobiles games while managing and growing gaming communities.
- Experience working with first and third party gaming communities and content creators.
- Analytical skills to measure and understand how social campaigns deliver impact to broader company business and marketing objectives.
- Ability to work individually and with cross-functional teams to develop campaigns and drive results.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to engage and motivate an online community.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Understanding of best practice social, digital, content and channel marketing.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
Aspyr is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Aspyr are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Aspyr will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Aspyr encourages applicants of all ages.