(Closed) Intermediate Software Developer
Askott Entertainment is a developer of iGaming systems, and we now have a position open for a seasoned and experienced Software Developer. We are a Vancouver based team that has been around for over 6 years developing our platform and winning awards with our products. We are a small and growing team of software craftsmen who are always looking for ways to improve our process.
This position will be working with our platform engineering team in Vancouver, BC.
We are looking for a seasoned, curious and collaborative person to join our growing and focused team. We have several roles open, so are happy to hear from anyone with a few years to a few decades of experience.
The role will be focused mainly on the backend - the inner workings of our existing gaming platform - we use a combination of the following technologies:
- PHP (Laravel)
- Java / Groovy
- Percona (XtraDB Cluster)
The way we work
We work flexibly. Our core team is in Vancouver, with a few key people around the world. We work with a Kanban rhythm using the latest project management tools, CI/CD as well as the ubiquitous Slack.
- Strong communication skills, in English, both verbal and written
- Must be a strong self-starter and able to work well independently
- Polygot developer who is happy to learn new skills and not afraid to get their hands dirty
- Experience with writing unit and integration tests
- Happy to work with linux in staging and production environments
Nice to haves
- PHP experience preferably with the laravel framework
- Java/Groovy experience
- Experience with containers
- Experience with Jenkins