Senior Product Manager
Ascendant Studios is looking for an expert product manager to head up our multiplayer effort. The ideal candidate will have recently shipped an AAA title on console or PC as a senior or lead product manager. They will also be comfortable working alongside outside partners during preproduction, production, and Live-Ops support.
This is a full time position. We are all currently working remotely due to Covid-19, but once we return the position may either be based in our office in San Rafael, CA, or remain fully remote.
- Lead the effort to create a unique multiplayer mode for Ascendant’s new IP
- Create and present game plans and pitch decks, collect and address feedback to create the best way forward for multiplayer
- Oversee a team of external partners to prototype and execute the multiplayer game experience
- Collaborate with leads and production to plan, define, and scope features for multiplayer
- Help to create a roadmap for the mode, scope and track progress on multiplayer related tasks
- Collaborate with leads and publishing to determine and react to market opportunities and business cases
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager in game development, with a focus on multiplayer titles and live-ops
- A passion for multiplayer shooters and creating fun and gripping user experiences
- Experience creating pitch decks and presenting to partners and leads
- Exceptional production skills and data-driven decision making
- Understanding of modern multiplayer titles, including their gameplay loops, post-launch content plans, and monetization strategies
- Familiar with a broad range of design principles as they apply to multiplayer gameplay, including level design, enemy and combat tuning, team dynamics, etc.
- Ability to provide clear direction, set measurable goals and give insight on industry trends
- Deep understanding of strategic planning, marketing insights, and operating games as a service
Good to Have
- Degree in business, finance, marketing, and/or statistics a big plus
- Understanding of Unreal Engine 4