(Closed) Level Designer
Ascendant Studios is looking for a passionate Level Designer to bring life to an original IP AAA action game. The perfect candidate will have strong creative design and technical implementation skills with a focus on level and combat design and a strong eye for composition and visual aesthetic. A background in AAA titles and experience working with UE4 is desired.
We are all currently working remotely due to Covid-19, but once we return you are welcome to work from out beautiful office in San Rafael, CA, or remain fully remote.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with the team to create, maintain, and polish engaging gameplay spaces, encounters, puzzles, and narrative sequences.
- Proactively identify and solve problems.
- Attend level reviews, receive feedback and direction, and resolve action-items that come out of those meetings.
- Give feedback on other levels and features, give and respond to constructive feedback, and continually work to improve gameplay.
Who you are:
- 2+ years of professional 3D level design experience, preferably with at least one AAA shooter title.
- Experience with designing, implementing, and polishing balanced and engaging first and/or third person combat experiences.
- Experience and familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 for both level layout and blueprints.
- Understanding of combat, puzzles, and narrative.
- Ability to work independently, problem solve on the fly, and collaborate efficiently across disciplines in a small, fast moving team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, great time management and organization skills.
- Experience with narrative driven design or quest writing.
- Technical background with scripting or C++ programming.
- Experience on a first-person or third-person shooter.