(Closed) Operations Director
Arkane Studios' iconic brands such as Dishonored®, Dishonored 2® and Prey® have become staples of popular culture for generations of gamers. We are also proud to announce our newest upcoming title, "Deathloop" - an innovative take on first-person action!
Our company provides technical, design and artistic leadership as a world-renowned game developer and technology innovator since its founding in 1999. Our studio is professional with a relaxed working atmosphere located in Lyon town center. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, incl. private medical insurance, flex hours, 25 paid vacations days per year, sports program, transport titles, onboarding program, etc.
Reporting directly to the Studio Director, the Operations Director take on the day-to-day and long-term financial and administrative responsibilities of our studio. He/she is the organizational and administrative backbone of our studio and ensures our internal supports services (finances, purchasing, facilities and other admin support tasks) are running smoothly to offer a great workplace to our dev teams in a budget-controlled manner.
Studio financial monitoring:
- Develop the budget of the studio G&A expenses in coordination with the Studio Director, the Accounting Manager and the heads of the support departments: HR, Premises, IT.
- Validate purchase requests related to G&A, analyze their consistency with budgets
- Assist the Studio Director with the creation of new project's budgets
- Assist the Studio Director with the tracking of the projects cost during the development (analysis of the actual
expenses, updates of the forecast, adjustment of the gaps and optimizations)
- Ensure that timesheets are completed monthly and analyze time gaps relative to budgets
- Quarterly update the studio budget for reporting to the ZMI Finance Department
- Pilot and optimize the main cost items of the studio
- Prepare and monitor approval applications and required documentations for Tax Credits, in coordination with the Accounting Manager and consultants
- With the Accounting Manager of Zenimax, manage the relations with the Accountants and Auditors on key
events: annual tax closes, tax audit, etc.
Projects vendors management:
- Manage the main purchases related to projects (subcontractors, middleware licenses, development kits, etc.), in collaboration with Producers: requests for quotes, validation of purchases, review and negotiation of contracts, etc.
- Help producers to set up subcontractor contracts and monitor the budget and invoicing of subcontractors
- Improve subcontracting management processes, including insourcing within the group
- Create external partnerships with vendors to leverage resources and cost advantages.
In coordination with the Corporate Legal team and external legal advisors:
- Manage local Legal topics for the studio: lease changes, G&A supplier contract negotiations, etc.
- Control the legal commitments of the studio (insurance, G&A vendors, ...)
- Ensure the studio's compliance with the law and ensure a legal watch
Premises and Security Management:
- Manage the Office Manager to define and monitor a maintenance policy of the premises and their equipment, define and monitor a security policy for the premises and the employees
- Prepare and monitor contingency plans in the event of incidents, play a key role in the Emergency Management Group of the studio
- Ensure with the Office Manager that the office plan (team's desks positioning) is updated and optimized on a regular basis, in coordination with the producers and leads of the teams
- Manage changes or extensions of premises: be the key contact for the landlord, search for opportunities on the market, negotiate for lease entries / exits, search for service providers (architects, construction companies, etc.) definition of specifications, establishment of contracts and budget, follow-up during the works, etc …
- A similar experience is required
- Finance and legal background
- Fluent in written and spoken English