Open World Gameplay Designer
Arkane Studios is looking for an Open World Level Designer, someone who will be in charge of translating game design into engaging player experiences. In addition to talent and passion, we want a designer who is innovative, collaborative and who loves the kind of games we make. As an Open World Level Designer at Arkane, you'll be responsible for designing and implementing dynamic encounters and player objectives that help bring the open world experience to life. Strong understanding of both the creative and technical elements of design are a must for this position.
If you have experience creating encounters, are eager to have an impact, and are open to new challenges, we’d like to hear from you.
- Populate a 3D open world with engaging and varied gameplay encounters
- Work with other level designers on the design and placement of systemic and scripted content
- Collaborate with narrative, AI, Level and System Design teams to deliver dynamic player experiences
- Work with the development team to iterate on open world tools and development pipelines
- Assist the design leads in reviewing encounters and communicating encounter needs to Level Architects
- Solid understanding of 3d action game design and the interplay between level and system design
- Advanced coding or scripting experience
- The ability to self-motivate and drive feature development while collaborating with multiple disciplines
- The flexibility to work in a highly iterative pipeline
- At least one AAA action title shipped, or major contribution to a title as a Level or Encounter designer
- Ability to craft engaging narrative experiences through systems and environmental storytelling
- Game industry experience required. 3+ years in a Game Design role
- Previous work experience with a AAA editor (ie., idTech, Unreal, CRYENGINE, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must submit work samples