Arkane Studios is looking for skilled Level Architect to join our team in developing quality games for PC and console systems. Level Architects will work closely with Level Designers to create immersive levels that blend artistic quality with gameplay design.
- A strong eye for interesting architectural spaces and a mindfulness of flow, circulation, variations in scale, detail distribution, scene composition, and lighting.
- Experience in designing game levels that support differing play styles and which offer a high level of player engagement.
- 3 years of game industry and/or significant modding experience
- At least one shipped title in the AAA space or significant modding experience
- Proficiency and experience with at least one 3D software such as Maya for modeling
- Proficiency and experience with at least one game editors such as Unreal 4, CRYENGINE, Unity, etc.
- Capable of identifying and supporting gameplay needs and constraints within a game level
- Understanding of modular construction methods as it relates to design, memory, and performance
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be a self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
- Passion for games and gaming
- Experience in photography, cinema, or other related domains is a plus
- Design and build FPS levels and maintain them until release
- Partner with Level Designers, who will provide narration, game ideas, and scripting
- Collaborate with Environment Artists, who will provide art support for textures, materials, and final models
- Conduct thorough research, gather appropriate visual references, and propose visual direction for props and structures
- Prototype geometry and game levels in high detail gray-box. Provide 3D concepting of assets and architecture
- Implement lighting for both player navigation and mood
- Implement set-dressing and asset placement for rich environmental storytelling
- Polish and bug fixing
- Performance evaluation and optimization for game levels
*As part of the application process, please submit samples of level design(s).