Lead Game Artist
At Arkadium our purpose is to have fun while creating fun - and that’s exactly what we’ve been doing for 20 years.
We’re the creators behind the world’s most-played games. From the Solitaire that came on your Windows machine, to hundreds of other games you’ve come to know and love - you can find our games on Arkadium.com, iOS, Android, and lots of other big sites worldwide.
As a proud Evergreen business our values of Fierce Drive, Positive Energy and Living Full Lives are the driving force behind how we run and the choices we make.
We’re privately held (aka stable and reasonable about growth), founder-led (aka passionate about our craft) and we consistently rank as a “Best Place to Work” (aka not your typical games company).
Interested in becoming an Arkadian? We’d love to hear from you.
Arkadium is looking for a motivated, experienced Lead Game Artist to play an important role within our Creative Innovation department.
The ideal candidate is a motivated, creative and dynamic person with strong experience in art, animation, and branding for games – with a portfolio to back it up.
This is a unique career-growth opportunity for a qualified, seasoned games professional to lead the visual design of some of our most important titles.
The ideal candidate has strong experience in art, animation, and branding for games, with a portfolio to back it up.
This is a remote position. Work is possible from any region, but in the time zone of Moscow. Working hours from 10:00 to 19:00.
- 3+ years of professional games experience, with at least 1 year of experience as a senior or lead artist in a game studio environment
- A solid understanding of games, game development, art creation, and art optimization
- Experience in providing visual concept and art direction
- Experience with version control and project management tools
- Plugged into current design trends and eager to apply them to our products
- Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Designs with flexibility, take feedback from product owners and quickly iterate
- Knowledge of relevant industry tools including the Adobe suite (Photoshop, Animate, Illustrator, After Effects) with 3D experience a plus
- Strong English and Russian (written and verbal)
- Works well in a team environment, particularly with engineers, and experienced with providing meaningful feedback
- A portfolio of previous game examples in addition to your resume.
- Lead the creation of high quality 2D art and animation for games, including game assets, background illustrations, user interfaces, and promotional materials
- Work closely with engineers and product owners within a dedicated games team
- Accurately create time estimates for tasks and deliver exceptional results ensuring that all creative assets meet our goals and expectations
- Consistently communicate and align with the New York Art Director
- Maintain the company standards for game art
- Mentor and/or directly manage junior-level team members as necessary to expand the capacity of the visual design department
- Demonstrate ability in multiple domains (including UX)
- Consistently contribute relevant ideas and feedback during team meetings, product reviews, and brainstorms
- Health Insurance with heavily subsidized medical, dental & vision plans starting on day one
- Performance-based quarterly/annual bonuses
- A good balance between work and personal life, including Happy Fridays in the summer
- Additional paid time off
- A focus on professional growth through internal classes, access to professional conferences, and specialized training and certification to industry standards
- Company-paid English courses