At Argus Labs, we are shaping the future of video games through applied research in distributed systems and game design. We believe online game worlds should be open and interconnected, rather than closed siloes controlled by platform giants.
We are creating a game technology architecture that allows games, marketplaces, public good infrastructures, and user-generated content/platforms to communicate and interoperate seamlessly. As a result, we give game developers more control over their creations and allow players to create content and platform that directly integrates with the game's logic and data.
As an applied research lab with an integrated game studio/publisher, we are uniquely positioned to lead the way. We build our own games that are native to our infrastructure. This allows us to fully understand and utilize the capabilities of our platform, resulting in novel game designs built around the platform's unique power and quirks.
Backed by the best
We recently raised $10 million in seed funding led by Haun Ventures ($1.5B crypto fund founded by ex-a16z GP Katie Haun) with participation from angels in tech and gaming such as Elad Gil, Balaji Srinivasan, Siqi Chen, etc.
- Develop and maintain the core game technology infrastructure that serves as the backend for our game worlds
- Architect systems that allow games, marketplaces, and user-generated content/platforms to communicate and interoperate seamlessly
- Work closely with game designers and other software engineers to ensure that our technology meets the needs of our games and players
- Continuously improve and optimize the performance, reliability, and scalability of our infrastructure
- 5+ years of professional experience as a software engineer, with a focus on distributed systems or backend.
- Strong understanding of distributed systems principles and algorithms
- Proficiency in Go with prior experience shipping production-grade code
- Experience with container orchestration software (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Passion for games and game technology
Nice to have
- Experience with game technology infrastructure development and/or game engine development
- Proficiency in Rust
- Experience leading an engineering team
- Experience with blockchain core protocol engineering
- Experience with Cosmos SDK
Perks & benefits
For full-time employees
- A note for the game industry veterans: no crunch :-)
- Flexible PTO (2 weeks required) + holidays
- 100% employer-covered medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k matching
- $1500 desk set-up stipend
- Company retreats
We’re an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.