At Argus Labs, we are shaping the future of video games through applied research in distributed systems and game design. We believe online game worlds should be open and interconnected, rather than closed siloes controlled by platform giants.
We are creating a game technology architecture that allows games, marketplaces, public good infrastructures, and user-generated content/platforms to communicate and interoperate seamlessly. As a result, we give game developers more control over their creations and allow players to create content and platform that directly integrates with the game's logic and data.
As an applied research lab with an integrated game studio/publisher, we are uniquely positioned to lead the way. We build our own games that are native to our infrastructure. This allows us to fully understand and utilize the capabilities of our platform, resulting in novel game designs built around the platform's unique power and quirks.
Backed by the best
We recently raised $10 million in seed funding led by Haun Ventures ($1.5B crypto fund founded by ex-a16z GP Katie Haun) with participation from angels in tech and gaming such as Elad Gil, Balaji Srinivasan, Siqi Chen, etc.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Game Producer to join our team and manage the online games that our game studio team is building. As the Senior Game Producer, you will be responsible for overseeing the entire production process, from concept to launch. This includes managing the development team, coordinating with external partners, and ensuring that the game meets our high quality standards.
- Oversee the entire production process, from concept to launch
- Manage the game development team and coordinate with external partners
- Ensure that the game meets our high quality standards
- Work closely with the game design and art teams to ensure that the game is visually stunning and engaging
- Develop and maintain a production schedule, budget, and scope
- Monitor the progress of the game and make adjustments as needed
- Communicate regularly with the rest of the company to provide updates on the game's progress and any challenges that arise
- At least 5 years of experience in game production
- Familiarity with leading a game production team end-to-end.
- Passion for games and a desire to push the boundaries of game technology and design
- Strong understanding of game design and development
- Experience working with online games and multiplayer technology
- Love for MMO games with rich emergent behavior and in-game economy: Eve Online, Runescape, World of Warcraft, etc.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Nice to have
- Experience shipping an MMO game.
- Experience shipping a game with a strong modding/UGC community (i.e., Minecraft, Roblox, Garry’s Mod)
- Prior role in a game production team as one of the following:
- Game Designer
- Game Economy Designer
- Game Developer
Perks & benefits
For full-time employees
- A note for the game industry veterans: no crunch :-)
- Flexible PTO (2 weeks required) + holidays
- 100% employer-covered medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k matching
- $1500 desk set-up stipend
- Company retreats
We’re an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.