At Argus Labs, we are shaping the future of video games through applied research in distributed systems and game design. We believe online game worlds should be open and interconnected, rather than closed siloes controlled by platform giants.
We are creating a game technology architecture that allows games, marketplaces, public good infrastructures, and user-generated content/platforms to communicate and interoperate seamlessly. As a result, we give game developers more control over their creations and allow players to create content and platform that directly integrates with the game's logic and data.
As an applied research lab with an integrated game studio/publisher, we are uniquely positioned to lead the way. We build our own games that are native to our infrastructure. This allows us to fully understand and utilize the capabilities of our platform, resulting in novel game designs built around the platform's unique power and quirks.
Backed by the best
We recently raised $10 million in seed funding led by Haun Ventures ($1.5B crypto fund founded by ex-a16z GP Katie Haun) with participation from angels in tech and gaming such as Elad Gil, Balaji Srinivasan, Siqi Chen, etc.
About the role
We are looking for a talented Senior Game Developer to join our team at Argus Labs. In this role, you will be responsible for creating online games using Unity and our bespoke game backend infrastructure. You will be a key member of our game studio team, working closely with our infrastructure team to push the boundaries of online games.
- Develop a high-quality online game using Unity, working closely with game designers and the infrastructure team.
- Help design and implement game mechanics and systems that leverage our game technology architecture
- Collaborate with our infrastructure team to ensure that the game is optimized for our infrastructure
- Contribute to the design and development of our game infrastructure architecture
- Help maintain and improve the quality of our codebase
- At least 5 years of experience in game development, with an emphasis on Unity and multiplayer games
- Experience with distributed systems and network programming
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a passion for pushing the boundaries of game technology
- A team player with strong communication and collaboration skills
Perks & benefits
For full-time employees
- A note for the game industry veterans: no crunch :-)
- Flexible PTO (2 weeks required) + holidays
- 100% employer-covered medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k matching
- $1500 desk set-up stipend
- Company retreats
We’re an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.