At Argus Labs, we are shaping the future of video games through applied research in distributed systems and game design. We believe online game worlds should be open and interconnected, rather than closed siloes controlled by platform giants.
We are creating a game technology architecture that allows games, marketplaces, public good infrastructures, and user-generated content/platforms to communicate and interoperate seamlessly. As a result, we give game developers more control over their creations and allow players to create content and platform that directly integrates with the game's logic and data.
As an applied research lab with an integrated game studio/publisher, we are uniquely positioned to lead the way. We build our own games that are native to our infrastructure. This allows us to fully understand and utilize the capabilities of our platform, resulting in novel game designs built around the platform's unique power and quirks.
Backed by the best
We recently raised $10 million in seed funding led by Haun Ventures ($1.5B crypto fund founded by ex-a16z GP Katie Haun) with participation from angels in tech and gaming such as Elad Gil, Balaji Srinivasan, Siqi Chen, etc.
About the role
You will be responsible for leading the game design efforts of our game studio team's online game. This will include collaborating with the development team to create engaging game mechanics and systems, as well as overseeing the implementation of game design elements.
- Collaborate with the development team to design and implement engaging game mechanics and systems
- Oversee the implementation and balance of game design elements (core game loop, economy, etc.)
- Develop and maintain design documentation, including game mechanics, mathematical models, and technical requirements
- Work closely with the rest of the team to ensure that the game design aligns with the overall vision and goals of Argus Labs.
- Contribute to the development of new game concepts and ideas
- 5+ years of experience in game design, with a focus on online games
- Strong understanding of game mechanics and systems, as well as experience prototyping and implementing them
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with a team
- Ability to think creatively and strategically to generate new ideas and concepts
- Experience with design documentation and the ability to create clear and concise technical requirements
Perks & benefits
For full-time employees
- A note for the game industry veterans: no crunch :-)
- Flexible PTO (2 weeks required) + holidays
- 100% employer-covered medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k matching
- $1500 desk set-up stipend
- Company retreats
We’re an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.