At Argus Labs, we are shaping the future of video games through applied research in distributed systems and game design. We believe online game worlds should be open and interconnected, rather than closed siloes controlled by platform giants.
We are creating a game technology architecture that allows games, marketplaces, public good infrastructures, and user-generated content/platforms to communicate and interoperate seamlessly. As a result, we give game developers more control over their creations and allow players to create content and platform that directly integrates with the game's logic and data.
As an applied research lab with an integrated game studio/publisher, we are uniquely positioned to lead the way. We build our own games that are native to our infrastructure. This allows us to fully understand and utilize the capabilities of our platform, resulting in novel game designs built around the platform's unique power and quirks.
Backed by the best
We recently raised $10 million in seed funding led by Haun Ventures ($1.5B crypto fund founded by ex-a16z GP Katie Haun) with participation from angels in tech and gaming such as Elad Gil, Balaji Srinivasan, Siqi Chen, etc.
About the role
You will be responsible for overseeing the artistic direction of our games and ensuring that they are visually stunning and consistent with our brand. You will work closely with the rest of the game studio team to create concepts, develop style guides, and you will manage a team of artists to ensure that all art assets are delivered on time and on budget.
- Oversee the artistic direction of our games and ensure that they align with our brand
- Create concept art and develop style guides
- Manage a team of artists and ensure that all art assets are delivered on time and on budget
- Work closely with the game studio team to ensure that the art assets support the gameplay and mechanics
- Proven experience as an art director or a similar role in the gaming industry
- Strong portfolio showcasing your artistic skills and ability to create concept art and style guides
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Strong understanding of game art pipelines
Perks & benefits
For full-time employees
- A note for the game industry veterans: no crunch :-)
- Flexible PTO (2 weeks required) + holidays
- 100% employer-covered medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k matching
- $1500 desk set-up stipend
- Company retreats
We’re an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.