WHO YOU ARE
We’re ArenaNet. We make the games we want to play and infuse them with innovation, hand-crafted detail, and creative passion. As developer and publisher of the award-winning Guild Wars game series, we’re proud to share our passion for the online worlds we’ve created with over 11 million players worldwide.
Constantly evolving online worlds require a foundation of stable tools to streamline content creation. ArenaNet’s engineers take pride in writing quality, performant code that enables continuous releases within these massive worlds. We’re looking for programmers who share our commitment to quality and are excited to engineer industry-leading technology.
WHO YOU ARE
You’re a strong tools engineer with a track record of excellent customer service. You enjoy collaborating with game designers, artists, and engineers to ensure that development tools enhance the creative process. You are responsive to user experiences and are not shy about digging into the reasons why something does or does not work for your teammates.
- You will support and empower ArenaNet’s world-class development teams
- You will proactively seek out improvements within existing tools
- You will write stable, testable code that can be iterated on as needs change
- You will proactively fix crashes and bugs as soon as they appear
- You have 4+ years of professional software engineering experience
- You have great cross-discipline communication skills
- You are experienced with iterative, feedback-based UI development
- You have a B.S. in computer science
- You delight at translating nebulous requests into clear requirements
- You enjoy deep investigations and designing robust, stable solutions
- You are a motivated self-tester, comfortable writing tests during development