(Closed) gLead Unreal Engineer
WHO WE ARE
We are ArenaNet, a studio making online worlds infused with innovation, handcrafted excellence, and creative passion. Our passion is broadly shared; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO game in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best MMOs of all time.
Our studio is built on foundations of excellence with a focus on community. We constantly innovate, unlocking the true potential of online role-playing with game-changing titles like Guild Wars 2 and beyond. The status quo is not good enough for our dedicated worldwide community of players, which is why we question the de facto industry conventions and demand more from ourselves as developers.
We are looking for a talented Lead Unreal Gameplay Engineer to join our quest to create revolutionary online gaming experiences. Bring your strengths to our cause, inspire awe in those around you, collaborate with like-minded team members, solve difficult problems and make great games!
WHO YOU ARE
You have a passion for designing, implementing, and maintaining gameplay systems. You enjoy tackling difficult problems, collaborating with other disciplines, providing technical leadership to developers and you are enthusiastic about assuming ownership over the quality and robustness of the final project.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design and implement scalable, performant and secure systems
- Collaborate in cross-discipline feature teams
- Mentor and inspire other gameplay engineers
- Own features and systems through their full development lifecycle
- Participate in code reviews
- 6+ years of game development
- Robust experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Contributed gameplay system(s) to shipped title(s)
- Expert proficiency in C++ with an emphasis on performance
- Strong understanding of scalable software design and architecture
- Good understanding of design and technical challenges unique to online games
- Advanced debugging and code analysis skills
- Customer-centric and collaborative mindset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience