(Closed) Intern - Gameplay Engineering
Archetype Entertainment is a new game studio in Austin, Texas led by industry veterans from BioWare and other AAA studios. Archetype is a division of Wizards of the Coast (Hasbro). We are creating a new science fiction universe for our first multiplatform roleplaying video game and are looking for interns to join us for Fall 2021.
Over the course of 12 weeks, a select group of university and college students will receive the outstanding opportunity to intern with our team. During the fall, Interns will engage with the team and gain relevant field experience through day-to-day training, hands-on projects, exposure to executives, individual development planning and a mentorship program tailored for every individual.
As a Gameplay Engineering Intern, you will be responsible for helping to create technology for an exciting new project being developed by Archetype Entertainment. You’ll work with the latest technologies and will be working in an agile environment that promotes freedom of thought and rewards innovative ideas and creative solutions.
What You’ll Do
- Implement game features in collaboration with designers, artists, and other engineers
- Learn and grow by discussing feature implementation with technical leadership
- Create high quality documentation for each of your features
- Adopt and promote best practices
- Provide thoughtful code review feedback
What You’ll Bring
- Currently enrolled in and working toward a BS/BA degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- 1-2 years working with C++
- Good understanding of the fundamentals of 3D math
- Game development experience
- Ability to write readable and maintainable code
- A passion for video games
- Bonus points for experience with Unreal Engine
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.