Archetype Entertainment is a new game studio in Austin, Texas led by industry veterans from BioWare, Naughty Dog, 343 Industries, id Software, Santa Monica Studio, and more! Archetype is a division of Wizards of the Coast (Hasbro). We are building a development team with world-class talent to create a new science fiction universe for our first multiplatform roleplaying video game.
Our goal is to create the greatest story-driven roleplaying games in the world.
At Archetype, we believe there will always be a place for story-driven roleplaying games that put the player at the center of an epic personal narrative with impactful choices. We are building games that represent the diversity of our audience. We also believe that game studios should empower top developers and challenge them with ambitious projects that are shaped by a strong, clearly communicated creative vision.
We chose Austin because it is a great place to live and work. Austin is the capital of Texas and is a fast-growing city with a vibrant music scene, cosmopolitan culture, a world-class university (the University of Texas at Austin - "Hook 'em Horns!"), and scenic rolling hills. It was recently voted the #1 place to live in America for the third year in a row — based on affordability, job prospects, and quality of life.
We are searching for a Cinematic Designer to join our world-class team in building a multiplatform roleplaying video game in a brand-new science fiction universe.
Applicants must demonstrate their proficiency with non-linear editing for in-game cinematics featuring a branching narrative.
What You'll Do
- Stage and block characters and cameras to translate scripted dialog to engaging cinematics.
- Read between the lines of a provided script to invent moments that surprise and delight, while holding true to the story and creative vision of the cinematic director.
- Draw from a growing animation library to craft compelling cinematics and work directly with animators to capture or keyframe new animations.
- Iterate and improve on your work through feedback from the team.
- Analyze and champion improvements of our team processes, standards, and workflows.
- Collaborate with art and audio teams to incorporate lighting, visual effects, and sound.
What You'll Bring
- Creative problem solver with proven experience adapting to issues that arise during development.
- Outstanding sense for character motivations, acting, and emotional beats.
- Intimate knowledge of cinematic principles and shot composition.
- Strong grasp of Unreal Engine or comparable tools, with an emphasis on timelines, visual scripting interfaces, node-based graphs.
- Familiar with Autodesk Maya or comparable software.
- Comfortable working autonomously while adhering to a production schedule.
- Capable of clear and concise communication with animators, artists, and other designers.
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills.
- A passion for story-focused roleplaying games
- Demo reel featuring examples of in-game cinematics from previous shipped titles.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.