Senior Backend Programmer
Aquiris is looking for a Senior Backend programmer to join the Wonderbox team. You will work on the backend technology for the game to support the game's systems. You will be a crucial member of our engineering team and help design, build, and maintain systems necessary to allow thousands of users to play the game concurrently. You love scaling large systems, automating AWS, designing RESTful APIs, and keeping response times low (sub-100ms). We love engineers strong in Java, C#, Python, Google Go, have experience building on AWS, and know their way around its services.
- Design, architect and implement high-traffic, large-scale web APIs.
- Build infrastructure on top of AWS services: DynamoDB, Cloudformation, RDS, Redis, SQS, Route 53.
- Automate every point of the backend processes.
- Monitor, and fix problems in the production environment.
- Guide the backend team to ensure the adoption of best practices in software development.
- Define and keep technical KPIs for the game's backend services.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design and software development principles.
- Strong understanding of web-based architecture (web servers, load balancing, caching, databases, replication, etc.).
- Strong experience developing data-driven web applications in Java or C#.
- Experience working with RESTful frameworks.
- Experience working with large amounts of data using SQL and NoSQL (Redis, DynamoDB) databases.
- Experience working with at least one enterprise-level object-oriented programming. language, and understanding of one or more dynamic languages.
- Experience solving problems and optimizing the performance of the software you develop.
- Outstanding problem-solving capabilities, analytical and critical thinking, excellent verbal and written communication skills."
- Experience developing systems in the games industry.
- Experience working with .NET Core in a micro-service, cloud environment.
- Cloud development/deployment/management (preferable AWS).
- Experience scaling and monitoring systems on AWS.
- Experience working with systems engineering.
- Experience doing full stack development.
- Experience automating systems orchestration with Ansible and/or CloudFormation, or similar technology.
- Familiarity with working on large-scale, high volume applications
- DevOps Tools (Chef, Vagrant, Docker).